Monday, June 26, 2006

More people watch Friends than actually have them

So this is a great opinion piece on today's Washington Post. It's based on a sociological study about how no one in America has friends anymore because we all isolate ourselves from other humans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/25/AR2006062500566.html

Speaking as someone who tries really hard to keep in touch with people and to maintain friendships as best I can -- with varied success, I have to admit -- it makes me sad. I know we're all busy, but really, when it comes right down to it, what's really important? If we all felt more connected to each other, I would guess we wouldn't have so many instances of 'road rage', crazy coach Dads going on rampages, or random acts of violence. Or maybe I'm just being naive. Yeah, probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home